All new students, both transfer or first time students, who are initially placed in developmental level one English classes are accepted at CMI on probationary status. Those who do not demonstrate sufficient Academic Progress at the end of their first semester of enrollment at CMI will be suspended from enrolling in CMI for one semester (not to include the summer) following their lack of achieving sufficient Academic Progress. Upon completion of the one-semester suspension, the student may again resume the course of study with placement in level-one English.
Developmental education student enrollment status:
- Developmental students are defined as students enrolled in at least one developmental English course.
- Developmental students who demonstrate sufficient Academic Progress at the end of their first semester of enrollment at CMI will be removed from probationary status.
Sufficient “Academic Progress” definition:
- Students enrolled in 12 or more credits must successfully complete 10 credits
- Students enrolled in 9 to 11 credits must successfully complete 8 credits
- Students enrolled in 6-8 credits must successfully complete 5 credits
- Students enrolled in 1-5 credits must successfully complete all credits attempted